söndag 29 mars 2009

Paraty, Brazil

Have now spent a week in wonderful Paraty, Brazil. It is a little paradise!! Stayed in a very nice Pousada (Like a guest house) a bit outside the city center. I had the poolhouse with a little veranda and a hammock (hangmatta) that I used a lot!
Suffering from jetlag also this time around I woke up early every morning and started most of my days with an hour walk on the beach in the sun. Then had a home cooked breakfast on the veranda with a view over the bay and the city center. Then some activity during the day.
First afternoon I spent at a cafe looking at people and strolled around in the colonial city. Very pritty little town with narrow streets and small boutiques.
One day I went out with a scooner stopping at a couple of islands and beaches in the bay.
One day I went to Trindade and lay on the beach, had one of the best meals ever and went to the natural pool among the rocks.
One day I took a horse back ride through the rainforest and swam in the waterfalls.
I also had a couple of treatments at the Asian Spa close by my pousada. Very nice!
On Friday I went up to another Pousada in the rain forest. They have one of the best kitchens in Brazil as the owner is a former french chef. Stayed there for two days and spent most of the time walking in the rain forest, swim in the water fall and lay in the hammock on the veranda reading a book. (By chance also the second pousada had a hammock on the veranda... As I really liked them I had to buy one to my little house in Sweden. Just have to figure out how to attach it...)
I´ve now finished three books, so time to go back to Rio...
Waiting at the busstation for the bus to take me back. Will upload a few images when I get to Rio and my computer. Have another two weeks in Rio working and really looking forward to see more of the city! Brazil is beautiful and I hope that I can come back one day!
Hope all is well in Sweden! Take care!

1 kommentar:

en annan sa...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! FATTA SÅ JÄKLA SKÖNT DU HAR HAFT DET!!!! Jag är SÅ avundsjuk!!! :-D Jäklar alltså!!!